Description of the Project:
The Women’s and Children’s Health Technology Fund was launched by Cross-Border Impact Ventures (CBIV) in December 2021. The fund invests in health technology companies with global growth, high return, and impact potential, that address the health needs of women, children, and adolescents or make health systems more resilient. Its primary focus is on medical device, diagnostic, and digital health companies based in North America, Europe, and Israel. Its secondary focus is on commercial stage companies in emerging markets with global technology transfer potential.
The fund is one of the very few impact health tech funds. Its impact target is of 500,000 lives saved and improvements in the lives of 10 million underserved women and children in emerging markets.
Faithful to its mission of transmitting its knowledge and guiding the first-time advisors, Innpact S.A. supported CBIV from the design of the blended finance structure to the closing of the fund in Luxembourg and will continue to assist CBIV through its fund management services platform.
- Name: Women’s and Children’s Health Technology Fund
- Inception: December 2021
- Initiators: Cross-Border Impact Ventures (CBIV) and Grand Challenges Canada
- Fund Manager: Cross-Border Impact Ventures (CBIV)
- Sector: Health technology
- Geographic Focus: Worldwide
- Target Financial Intermediaries: Health technology companies with global growth, high return, and impact potential
- End-beneficiaries: Women, Adolescents and Children
- Financial Instruments: Private Equity
- Non‐Financial Services: Active participation in portfolio companies to improve their diversity and ensure products meet the needs of more users of diverse backgrounds
- Type: Private Equity
- SFDR Classification: Article 9
- Info: www.crossborder.ventures
The content of this webpage is for information purposes only and should not be construed and/or considered and/ or taken to constitute advice and/or solicitation of an offer or a recommendation to enter into any transaction or buy or sell any financial instrument or to make any investment and/or as any other investment advice.