Description of the Project :
The Renewable Energy Performance Platform (REPP) was initiated by the EIB and UNEP to deliver the UN SE4ALL objectives in Sub-Saharan Africa by mobilising private sector development activity and investment in small and medium scale renewable energy projects.
Innpact contribution :
Innpact supported the EIB and DECC in the design of the governance structure and policies and procedures of the platform, the preparation of the business plan and the selection of the Agent.
- Name: Renewable Energy Performance Platform
- Inception : 2016
- Initiators: EIB, DECC, UNEP
- Agent: Camco Clean Energy and GreenStream
- Sector : Renewable Energy
- Geographic Focus : Sub-Saharan Africa
- End‐Beneficiaries : Small Scale Renewable Energy projects
- Instruments : Access to risk mitigation instruments and long term funding, result based financing and Technical Assistance
- Type : Platform, UK Trust
- Info : www.repp-africa.org