Description of the Project :
The Land Degradation Neutrality Fund (LDN Fund) was launched on 12 September 2017 at the 13th Conference of the Parties (COP13) to the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) in Ordos, China.
Rehabilitating degraded land, protecting vital ecosystems and empowering sustainable business around the world is what the LDN Fund is all about. A separate Technical Assistance Facility (TAF) supports project operators in the development of quality projects, in line with the Scientific Conceptual Framework for LDN.
The LDN Fund and its TAF are backed by a large network of partners, including the European Investment Bank (EIB), the Government of Luxembourg, the Global Environment Facility (GEF), Credit Agricole du Maroc, the Canadian pension fund FondAction, WWF and IDH Sustainable Trade Initiative.
Innpact contribution :
Innpact supported the UNCCD Global Mechanism and Mirova throughout the whole process for designing, structuring and launching the LDN Fund.
- Name : The Land Degradation Neutrality (LDN) Fund
- Inception : 2017
- Structuring Partners: UNCCD & Mirova
- Fund Manager: Mirowa
- Sector : Sutainable agriculture, sustainable forestry, other LDN related sectors
- Geographic Focus : Worldwide with a focus on developing countries
- Investees: sustainable land management (SLM) and land restoration projects
- End‐Beneficiaries : Local Communities and small-scale land owners
- Instruments : Blended finance (combination of various instruments)
- Type : Fund
- Info : http://www2.unccd.int/actions/impact-investment-fund-land-degradation-neutrality