Description of the Project :
&Green invests in commercial projects in agricultural production value chains in order to protect and restore tropical forests and peatlands and make agriculture more inclusive and sustainable. The Fund provides credit or guarantees to finance commodity supply chain projects in jurisdictions with progressive forest and/or peatlands protection strategies & policies.
&Green has an environmental return target of 5 million hectares of tropical forest protected or restored. &Green will assess every transaction with respect to its potential for generating environmental return, and will monitor its achievement through a suitable set of transparent KPIs.
Innpact contribution :
Innpact has supported IDH in the whole design, structuring and incorporation process of the Fund. We are thrilled to provide ongoing support as a fund management advisor.
- Name: &Green
- Inception: 2017
- Initiator: IDH - the Sustainable Trade Initiative
Investment advisor: Sail Ventures
- Sector : Agriculture production, Forestry
- Geographic Focus : Tropical Forest Countries globally
- Investees: supply chain companies medium to large schale plantation and farming business, financial institutions manageing an agriculture portfolio
- Instruments : subordinated creditor guarantees, under flexible terms
- Info: www.andgreen.fund