Description of the Project:
The Africa Conservation and Communities Tourism Fund SCSp SICAV-RAIF (ACCT) was established in 2021 in response to the impacts of COVID-19 to conservation, communities and tourism operators in Central and Southern Africa reserves. Its specific aim is to alleviate the short and medium-term financial stress of well-managed conservation tourism companies and to increase the conservation and community outcomes delivered by these businesses. The cornerstone investor is KfW Development Bank on behalf of the German government.
This is a landmark and innovative Covid-19 response fund. Working capital from the fund is expected to help safeguard tourism companies with the highest potential to support critical conservation landscapes and the communities that depend on them, whilst delivering quantified, scientifically sound impact outcomes and targeting to deliver a financial return to impact investors.
Innpact Fund Management S.A. was selected to be the Alternative Investment Fund Manager (AIFM) in late 2021 and worked with the initiators of the fund to launch it as a RAIF. Third Way Partners is the Investment Advisor and the AIFM is responsible for Portfolio Management. Additional support services are provided by Innpact S.A.
- Name: Africa Conservation and Communities Tourism Fund SCSp SICAV-RAIF
- Inception: December 2021
- Investment Advisor: Third Way Partners (TWP)
- AIFM: Innpact Fund Management S.A.
- Portfolio Manager: Innpact Fund Management S.A.
- Sector: Nature conservation, communities and tourism
- Geographic Focus: Central and Southern-Africa
- End‐Beneficiaries: Strengthening tourism operators and support of conservation
- Financial Instruments: Private debt
- Type: Luxembourg SCSp SICAV RAIF
- SFDR Classification: Article 9
- Info: www.thirdway.earth/asset-management2
The content of this webpage is for information purposes only and should not be construed and/or considered and/ or taken to constitute advice and/or solicitation of an offer or a recommendation to enter into any transaction or buy or sell any financial instrument or to make any investment and/or as any other investment advice.