Innpact (Mauritius) Ltd
To support our growth, we are currently offering a Senior Adviser position at Innpact (Mauritius) Ltd.
The first aspect of the position relates to the corporate affairs of the company. It is expected that the candidate will gradually take over some of responsibilities currently outsourced to a management company such as accounting, tax compliance, payroll and invoicing of clients, among others.
The second aspect of the position related to the delivery of impact fund management services to investment managers of various impact investment funds. Innpact supports investment teams in quickly adopting best practice tools and reporting frameworks and guide them through the first few cycles of their fund's operational life. Services include notably portfolio management support, impact management, risk and compliance management, asset&liability management, cash management, FX risk management, budget monitoring and reporting & publications. This extensive set of services allows investment managers to focus on their pipeline development, investment advice and fundraising challenges.
The Senior Adviser will spend half of his/her time working on corporate affairs and the other half contributing to the delivery of the portfolio management services to the partners of Innpact under the supervision of the director of the company. In the longer term, it is expected that he/she will supervise the work of a team delivering the services and ensure coordination, consistency and high quality delivered on all services provided to the various funds.
- Accounting: preparation of annual financial statements of the Investment Manager or any other affiliated entities under management under IFRS and audit liaison, preparation of quarterly support documents for each transaction, coordinating with regards to the consolidation with the parent company in Luxembourg;
- Tax compliance: review of annual tax return prepared by the Management company, monthly VAT computation, VAT return with the MRA, if applicable;
- Invoicing of clients: invoice preparation for clients; gathering on information for invoice preparation (timesheets, invoices), preparation of invoices (based on Mauritius Tax law), identifying expenses to be charged to clients, follow up on invoice payments of clients;
- Money Laundering Reporting Officer function (subject to FSC approval): appointment as MLRO or AMLRO;
- FATCA and CRS reporting and appointment as Responsible Office;
- Other corporate matters, including but not limited to: preparation of notices and minutes of meetings of directors and shareholders, preparation of circular resolutions for contracts entered between the company and third parties with regard to investments, general secretarial services (drafting of letters to the bank, MRA, FSC and ROC, - timely settlement of all government fees), preparation and processing of payment instructions;
- Administration of the local office at Tamarin;
- Undertaking projects and take responsibility for driving the alignment of the Mauritian company's policies and procedures related to Finance, HR and Operations with that of the parent company.
Asset Liability Management, cash management and Fund Performance
Interaction on Risk Management aspects
Fund reporting and MIS
Interaction with the Investment Committee
Interaction with Advisory Committee members
- Fund distribution
If you have the following profile, we are highly interested in hearing from you!
- Your desire is to align your job with your values which are to deliver sustainable and responsible services. You are motivated to support the development of the impact finance sector and establish Innpact as a leader in fund management services for impact finance funds;
- A university graduate in Finance/Business Administration with a minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the corporate administration of investment funds, ACCA qualified preferred or CFA, CAIA (Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst);
- Expertise in corporate administration, accounting, and tax compliance;
- Previous experience with management companies active in the financial sector in Mauritius is preferred
- Strong understanding of the operations of regulated Mauritius investment funds and experience in the coordination of its service providers;
- Experience in designing and organizing policies, procedures and processes;
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Outstanding relationship management with clients, regulators and external service providers;
- Proactive and flexible professional adapting to the needs and challenges of a start-up company, solution-oriented mindset;
- Hands-on team leader with excellent people management skills;
- Critical thinker, proactive problem-solving attitude
- Demonstrated flexibility and success in rapidly changing environments;
- Demonstrated ability to design, launch and scale new projects and initiatives;
- Excellent written and spoken English and French;
- Aspiring to work for a growing and dynamic firm;
- You will work at the business office address.
We offer you…
- A highly motivating and dynamic work environment in a growing and appreciated sector where you will be able to develop your personal and professional competencies and your skills.
- An opportunity to work in the impact finance area which combines financial services, sustainable development and ethical values.
- The possibility to become one of the key elements of the first open architecture impact investing platform in Mauritius.