Conducting Officer Portfolio Management
(Full-time/40 hours per week, permanent position, immediate start)
Innpact Fund Management S.A. is a fast-growing Luxembourg based management company. We are the only third-party alternative investment fund manager (according to the Law of 12 July 2013 (as the “AIFM”)) in Luxembourg exclusively dedicated to Impact Investment Funds, building on the in-depth knowledge and expertise of Innpact S.A. We work with worldwide leading impact finance actors since more than 12 years. We recruit people who believe in finance as a force for good to support sustainable impact finance initiatives aiming at solving social and environmental issues. Our talents are passionate about impact finance and have very high ethical standards.
Based in Luxembourg, the Innpact group is active globally and provides specialised consulting services in the establishment and management support of impact finance initiatives. Innpact has supported the establishment of impact finance vehicles in excess of $ 6 billion providing significant contributions to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
The AIFM is currently recruiting its Conducting Officer Portfolio Management.
The Conducting Officer Portfolio Management (CO-PM) will be part of the Senior Management of the AIFM, will report directly to the Board of the AIFM and be responsible for all matters related to portfolio management including product development, policies and procedures, delivery of services, management of the portfolio management team, onboarding of clients and marketing of services to identified prospects.
As Conducting Officer Portfolio Management, her/his main duties will be to:
- Lead the development of the AIFM on all matters related to portfolio management,
- Responsible for coordinating the analysis and presentation to the Strategy and Approval Committee of new AIFM services
- Draft, update and adjust the business development and portfolio management activity programs of the AIFM, with the support of the Senior Management
- Day-to-day portfolio management (including securities and cash) of AIFs, with the advice of an external investment advisor
- Provide support for the review of the NAV of each AIFM under the management of the AIFM
- Day-to-day oversight of portfolios for which fund management is delegated to third party fund managers
- Initial, ongoing and regular due diligence on delegated portfolio managers and investment advisors
- Day-to-day relation with conducting officers in charge of risk management, compliance, external delegates and service providers of each AIF - Central Administration, Depositary, Transfer Agents, Auditors, etc..
- In charge of marketing and distribution in other countries and ensuring that passporting of the Funds is undertaken and in compliance with the requirements for EU countries
- Initial, ongoing and regular due diligence on distributors
- Foster / oversee / support development and implementation of required portfolio management function policies and procedures and escalate where necessary
- Lead the design and oversee the implementation of necessary portfolio management systems
- Liaising with external parties on any matters arising from their duties and responsibilities such as legal advisors, business partners, auditors, administrators, depositaries and regulators.
- Serve as point of contact for the competent authority (CSSF) for portfolio management related matters
- Participate to the acquisition of new clients and lead the onboarding of new clients of the AIFM with the Head of Business Development
- Be responsible for the delivery of the busines plan of the AIFM, in collaboration with the Board and Senior Management
- Manage the portfolio management function team of the AIFM, This includes the AIFM portfolio managers, Head of Business Development, marketing functions.
- Member of the AIFM Senior Management Committee
- Member of the AIFM Investment Committee
- Potentially active member of the Investment Committee of selected Funds
- Advisor to the AIFM Valuation Committee
- Member of the AIFM Strategy And Approval committee
The ideal candidate has:
- A strong desire to align his/her job to deliver sustainable and responsible services and is highly motivated to support the development of the impact finance sector.
- A master’s degree in finance/Business Administration
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Conducting Officer Portfolio Management in a Luxembourg based AIFM and 10 years working experience in the Fund Industry.
- A proven expertise in portfolio management of private equity, private debt, fund of funds and infrastructure funds.
- Experience with impact finance funds and impact investment strategies would be considered as an asset.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of PowerBI is an asset.
- Hands-on team leader with excellent people management skills and team player experience.
- Critical thinker, entrepreneurial and proactive problem-solving attitude
- Strong presentation skills and assertiveness
- Excellent written and spoken English. French and/or German is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial mindset to lead and support the growth of a new AIFM dedicated to impact funds.
- Team player with the Senior Managers in implementing the business plan.
We offer you:
- A highly motivating and dynamic work environment in a growing and appreciated sector where you will be able to develop your personal and professional competencies and your skills.
- An opportunity to work in the impact finance area which combines financial services, sustainable development, and ethical values.
- An opportunity to work with the first certified B Corp of Luxembourg and help develop the leading impact finance focused third party AIFM.
- The opportunity to interact professionally and frequently with major Luxembourg and international impact finance service providers such as investment advisors and fund promoters.
- A challenging and very diversified position with the opportunity to design, build and continuously improve financial management reporting processes and tools under your responsibility.
If you believe your experience and motivations match this job offer, we would appreciate receiving your application, together with a motivation letter and your latest CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to our website (www.innpact.com) to learn more about our team, services, clients, and values.